Thursday, October 2, 2008

Freezer pear jam!!


So my visiting teacher came over and asked me if I wanted some fruit. Now I am all for free fruit, so I said okay. Well she gives me all these peaches and pears. So I am like I know what to do with the peaches, make freezer jam, but what to do with the pears. So I got online and decided to look for a pear freezer jam recipe. Well I found one, and oh my gosh! It is good. I wasn't sure how it would turn out, but I figured that I would try. Dusty says he really likes it, so yeah!! Tomorrow I will probably make the peach jam. I would just can the peaches, but I don't know how to can (or jar as chelsea call it :) ) and I don't have any of the stuff. I would like to learn though.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

ok, you gotta put some of that away in your freezer with my name on it! i don't know how to make it...maybe you could post the recipe? what a great little homemaker you are! i know i already said it, but i just so love your header pic of the fam. and the one on the side of you and dusy. beautiful!

Carrie said...

on second thought, why do i need the recipe when you are going to make it for me? JUST KIDDING! LOL.
:0

Manuel and Chelsea said...

Kudos to you :) way to go, you got creative with the pears, I would have never thought of pear jam. I bet it's rather tasty. I actually just made peach freezer jam on Monday night :) it made alot and it was crazy loaded with sugar...no likey...no likey. It actaully turned out to be tasty, I just think next time, I will cut the sugar in half, it was disgusting as I was dumping cup after cup of sugar in.. I will be making strawberry jam tomorrow with my sister in law. and next item I want to make it APPLE BUTTER .once i find out how to can the left overs, b/c the recipe is made in a crock pot and the lady doesn't can, so she couldn't tell me how to do it...maybe I should ask grandma, or maybe I should just wait until next year b/c I am going to be stuffed with jams :) Good job and by the way, the family pictures are adorable, I think i might have already said that but way cute.

Kendel and Lisa Asher said...

Way to go you lil homemaker. Just thought Iwould say hi. I will try harder to get into this blogging world.